i want to learn how to use and write php

monkon2 23:27 29 Jul 04

where do i start? lol

any one have any good links to get started?

cheers in advance

Talented Monkey 01:50 30 Jul 04

If you have not done any programming what so ever you may struggle with the likes of PHP etc. However any competent programmer will quickly be able to pick it. Well its late, you know what you want to do, I am not going to discuss the why and hows of it all, you obvisouly want online links, heres a few I have used and found useful.

To learn the basics then W3 Schools is first stop click here combined with web monkey click here

If you want to start to look at some simple if/else statements to serious heavyweight automated interactive membership projects then phpfreaks tutorials are excellent. click here

There are others but no doubt other people will post them. Its nearly 2am and my brain has stopped functioning !

One last word, have fun , don’t give in and do not be afraid to ask for help there are quite a few of us on here who have a good working knowledge of php

Mr A! 16:10 31 Jul 04

Try the getting started pages at "uk.php.net" by the PHP group.

click here to go there.

monkon2 23:16 31 Jul 04

thanks, ill give all those links a try

Gaz 25 21:27 02 Aug 04

Great tutorials to get you started there!

monkon2 21:59 02 Aug 04

these all look they will be helpful , but on closer inspection i think i need to learn html language first. does anyone have a decent link to html for beginners?

thanks for the info on php, but i think i jumped the gun somewhat! its easy to think you can jump straight in when you use alot of the frontpage type programs

Gaz 25 01:36 03 Aug 04

Oh yeah, HTML first...

I would crack open notepad and get down to the HTML section of W3C schools in the aforementioned link.

monkon2 07:19 03 Aug 04

thanks, i will check it out

harristweed 13:28 03 Aug 04

forget notepad - get php coder. it's free. i've used it for 2 years!

get it here

click here

monkon2 19:13 03 Aug 04

again , thanks, i need all the resources i can get

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…