I want to know?

maylay 04:10 03 Jul 08

If the cmos is cleared with jumper, what will happen?

gazzaho 05:21 03 Jul 08

As far as I'm aware it will reset the BIOS to default settings, removing passwords and such. It might be worth noting all the settings in the BIOS before doing this, as over clocking settings (if any) and ram timings and the like will probably be reset as well.

If you're not familiar with the BIOS it might be wiser to leave thing alone! I'm not too sure about a lot of settings myself LOL.

crosstrainer 07:28 03 Jul 08

Re-setting your BIOS to default settings will:

Change anything that you may have altered (ie: boot sequence, memory timings, smart fan monitoring, cool and quiet and more..)

To there factory default settings. If will re-set the time and date to the date the chip was first made.

In short, as posted above, if you wish to do this, note all of your BIOS settings prior to attempting the re-set.

Why do you want to do this? Is there a problem with devices on your machine? We may be able to resolve the issue without a complete re-set.

maylay 04:34 04 Jul 08

Hello gazzaho and crosstrainer , I am pleased to your response to me.Actually, I don't want to do this,crosstrainer because this is my friend's problem.He set to his cmos to clear setting without any knowledge .After that,there is some problems in his desktop.The icons labels does't not clear( ie. some lines cross the words in every labels).I want to know what it happened?Is this because of comos is cleared? Thanks a lot for your kind attention.

crosstrainer 05:41 04 Jul 08

Did your friend replace the BIOS settings to their correct configuration after the re-set?

Gongoozler 07:04 04 Jul 08

It is very unlikely that there is any connection between damaged icons and the BIOS settings, especially if there are no other display problems. Even if there are other display problems, these are much more likely to be due to a faulty graphics card or graphics driver. If only the icons are giving problems, try downloading and running RegSeeker click here. In RegSeeker, select "Tweaks", and click on "Rebuild icon cache".

maylay 07:14 04 Jul 08

Yeath,crosstrainer, he's replaced the BIOS setting to the normal condition.

maylay 07:24 04 Jul 08

Gongoozler, your advices are totally right because I found that after the problem, I think there must be a problem in VGA card but I wouldn't tell surely.After asking to your, my friend told his VGA card has some problem.The IC from his VGA card is so hot.I think this is a problem, isn't it? May be VGA card failed.But I am not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now