I WANT TO INSTALL A DVD COPYING PROGRAMME

laptopdunce 17:27 PM 02 Oct 13

After I had to do a complete system recovery on my Sony Vaio after the HORRIBLE sweetpacks virus infection, I know want to download a good programme to copy DVD's, files on CD's etc., which programme and which download site would you recommend, I got the Sweetpacks virus sht from trying to download a DVD copy programme in the past and I dont want to make a ba*s of it all again. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

spuds 17:31 PM 02 Oct 13

You could look at the Majorgeeks website for a few ideas click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 PM 02 Oct 13

or filehippo is another good download site

wee eddie 20:42 PM 02 Oct 13

Laptopdunce: While I am sure that your motives are honest, the primary motivation of those who will be copying DVDs is likely to be outside the Copyrighting Legislation.

This, of course, attracts those that write Software for the "No Questions Asked" Market, many of whom have ulterior motives.

So beware

lotvic 23:49 PM 02 Oct 13

I use free program CDBurnerXP click here (also available from filehippo) despite it's name it does CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs and works on Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008/Win7/Win8 (x86 / x64)

laptopdunce 01:13 AM 03 Oct 13

Thanks Lotvic, I will look into that one, LAPTOPDUNCE

steviekm 01:37 AM 03 Oct 13

Hi,

There are plenty of freebies around but I don't really think that you could do much better than Ashampoo Burning Studio 2013 which is totally free; check out it's reviews-can be downloaded from: click here

or

click here prog and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Good luck,

Steve

Excellent

Woolwell 14:05 PM 03 Oct 13

Which model of Sony Vaio? I would be surprised if it didn't come with a DVD copying program.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

What to expect at the September Apple event: new iPhones, iOS 9, watchOS 2 and maybe even a new…