I want to go Penguin

Neil22 19:44 27 May 05

Hi there folks,

I have been using windows since its inception and am quite tired of it all. I am hearing rave reviews of Linux. I am interested in Mandriva. My problem is I've got a hardrive full of material I need. This is my current hard drive(C:) running Windows 98. If I make this my slave drive and install Mandriva on a New C: drive, will I be able to dual boot to Win 98 from my slave drive.

Or is the easiest way to plonk a slave drive and install Mandirva onto that?

I am trying not to reinstall Win 98 and disturb all the files I need.

Thanks

Mandy265 19:52 27 May 05

Read click here hope its helpfull.

Mandy265 20:04 27 May 05

Also click here

Dutch 20:39 27 May 05

I would be tempted to install Mandriva either on a partition on your present C drive, or on a second hard drive - seeing as you are trying it out.

This way, you can install the Linux bootloader (Lilo or Grub) which will recognise the Windo$e OS as well as your Linux OS - unfortunately Windo$e doesn't do the same - and you can dual boot to your hearts content.

If you then decide to stay with Redmond (which I doubt) then you can just do the fix/mbr thing and Windo$e will rule again.

Don't get me wrong - until a few years ago I was a Windo$e man all the way - I just got up the courage one day to try what I was slagging off and realised that Linux was now a real alternative.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced