roykara 20:03 11 Oct 05

hi guys, iv got nortons antivirus and internet security preinstalled on my packard bell laptop, i hate it and want it off my machine as many of u will understand. Iv tried add/remove programs from control panel but its not listed, iv gone to program files and gone into the nortons folder to look for a uninstall icon but its not their, iv downloaded various uninstall programs from download.com and tried to get rid of it via them but it just says uninstall must be done via setup.exe. there is no setup.exe, iv even tried just deleting the whole nortons folder from program files but it doesnt allow it, am i stuck with nortons forever??? please help!

igk 20:21 11 Oct 05

Try the Semantic (Norton) website as I know that to remove one version (at least)of their products you have to download a programme to do this.
I won't touch them either!!!

Strawballs 20:22 11 Oct 05

There is a program on the symentech site that someone else might be able to point you towards but this program could help click here I have used it to remove nortons before.

VoG II 20:22 11 Oct 05
  Strawballs 20:25 11 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…