I want DVI to HD but am confused about sound

cocymsc 22:41 28 Jul 08

I have a geforce card with a DVI output and am lookin to hook it up to my tv to play blu rays from the PC in HD on tele. I have the dvi to hd cable but this doesnt carry sound.

I was wondering how, on the HD channel i will be watching the films through, I get sound aswell. is it simlply a jack from the speaker output in the pc to red/white phono leads into the TV or is it more complicated? Will this bring the sound through on that particular channel?

i dont want sound through the pc speakers as they are on different side of the room

woodchip 22:48 28 Jul 08

You need sound cables to connect the sound card, With White Red and Black RCA plugs, Line out on Sound Card

skidzy 22:48 28 Jul 08

You need the audio cables (red and white) DVI does not carry audio like hdmi.

woodchip 23:00 28 Jul 08

I use DVI to HDMI but it needs sound cable to get sound

skidzy 15:05 29 Jul 08

Thats a new one on me,i did not think DVI was capable of audio.

woodchip 15:56 29 Jul 08

Its not, if it was mine would have it

cocymsc 16:54 29 Jul 08

its a 9800gtx. as far as i kno it wont carry sound. people are saying sound cables BUT if im watching it on a hdmi channel will the audio come through on it aswell? as in there are scart channels (av) s-videos and hdmi's but theyre all designed to have vid and sound carried in through their specific slots, so if i bring video in one slot and put a sound cable in a seperate slot they wont both b on the same channel will they? im not looking at buyin an ati card, iv asked pcworld guys , said i need a seperate surround sound thing to get it on that channel, n asked tv guys they said its not poss neither?

cocymsc 17:36 29 Jul 08

click here

click on specifications tab at the top

cocymsc 17:47 29 Jul 08

just looked on support on that tv page its there in plain english aswell. one of main questions. cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5