i want to dual boot,where do i get Vista/W7?

buel 06:31 23 Apr 09

Hi, iv got a Medion laptop running xp and i want to install vista or the beta of windows 7,, please can anyone tell me would i have to buy a new vista licence from a shop or would a vista installation disk from my desktop pc be sufficent? and where could i download the beta Windows 7 please?

martjc 06:49 23 Apr 09

...If using Vista, you would have to buy a copy with license. To use the one from your desktop would be illegal.

I could let you have a copy of 7, but it will expire in July/august anyway, so why bother?

Fingees 07:38 23 Apr 09

Windows 7 RC is due to be releasesed in May, That would work for 12 months, and give you a chance to try it.

buel 09:32 23 Apr 09

thanks for the answers, martjk i would LOVE a copy of W7 please, even a month's worth would be great!! and to Fingers-is it the full version of W7 that is out next month?

buel 09:56 23 Apr 09

thanks for the answers, martjk i would LOVE a copy of W7 please, even a month's worth would be great!! and to Fingers-is it the full version of W7 that is out next month?

splatter 10:30 23 Apr 09

Go try win yourself a copy...click the link in my other post: click here

buel 11:23 23 Apr 09

splatter 14:04 23 Apr 09

Next month will only see the RC which is the last version released for testing before the Final release (which you pay for)...and that is due later this year or January 2010 (click here)

buel 20:52 23 Apr 09

Martjk, do you think i could have that copy from you please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5