I want to customise my PC

JohnnyAlucarD 09:29 12 Dec 03

Hi - I hope someone can help me here- I want to give my PC a "Mac" look. I have Style XP and Object Docker ready to install, as well as wall papers and icons to completely change the look of my OS (I am running XP Home). The thing is does anyone know if I will recieve any negative hits as far as performance is concerned? I have a HT enabled 3 gig machine with 1GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro card and the thing runs brilliantly. So just for an aesthetic change I definitely don't want to ruin anything. I think I read somewhere that doing stuff like this can slow things down. Does anyone know anything about this? The "Mac" look appeals to me, but I use my system for 3D graphics and am worried about any negative side effects to a customisation. I would be most grateful if someone could give me any advice?

Pesala 09:43 12 Dec 03

click here

I cannot imagine that cosmetic changes will make much difference to such a high spec machine. I suspect that having the interface just as you want it will increase your productivity more than enough to compensate.

johnnyrocker 09:44 12 Dec 03

i would suggest 'if it aint broke dont fix'

alcudia 10:07 12 Dec 03

click here However can't help echoing johnnyrocker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…