I want to connect to the internet using my modem.

The Dazza 21:29 15 May 05

I came into possesion of an old pentium II machine full of viruses. It also had windows 98 on it. I successfully reformated that hard drive and installed win 2000. Today I have made the machine windows xp and am unable to get my machine to connect to the internet, a problem I had on the 2000 operating system too. Basically when I look in the dial-up connection properties the connect using box says "Modem-unavailable device (COM1). Inside the machine is an old style modem port & modem and I've looked at the actual modem which says on it ETAL P3146 Rockwell RCVDL - 56ACFW/SP R6771-22. How can I get this thing to connect to the internet via it's modem as the person that owned the machine before I managed to connect to the internet fine - same modem.

Tubster 21:32 15 May 05

Buy a new modem, it's highly unlikely xp has the drivers for this modem or that you can download compatible ones

woodchip 21:35 15 May 05

You will need Win2000 drivers but may not get any it's old. But may run with 98

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…