I want to buy a laptop but don't no where to start

v18mat 21:36 15 Jan 07

I want to buy myself a laptop but I haven't got a clue what half of the stuff they say in advertisements means. I basicly want it for for downloading music, films, and storing pictures. I would also like it to have wireless internet connection and a good cd\dvdrw costing around £400-£500 Anybody got any ideas I would be really gratefull.

Matt

GEEKSTA 21:42 15 Jan 07

If your downloading music you want it to be able to run several programs without anthing slowing things down, so you want to look at about 1Gig RAM.

What type of style do you want your laptop to be?
Stlyish lightweight, or not really bothered?

GEEKSTA 21:45 15 Jan 07

Also if you want wireless internet you should look out for "Wi-Fi" which basically means that it has got a wireless internet detector/device all ready inside/internally included in your laptop.
Which means that if it didnt have that built in, you would have to buy a seperate device that you have to plug into you laptop externally to get the internet.

v18mat 21:52 15 Jan 07

i'd like it to be fairly lightweight but generally i'm not all that bothered as long as its good, any ideas where i could pick a good one up?

sean-278262 01:09 16 Jan 07

Answer these questions and we can help you more

Screen size

under 12, 12-13, 13-15.4, 17 or 19

Screen dimensions

Widescreen or 4:3, ie Cinema dimensions or old school tv

Hard drive size

How much space do you need

As for suggestions Acer, Dell (I hate advising them), HP and Compaq do very nice machines. Unless you want games or video encoding from camcorders etc then just about anything that you like the look of with 1gb of ram and a dual core processor is good for the £500 mark.

A

EARLR 10:49 16 Jan 07

they sell very powerful laptops and the guaranty and service are second to none. I have three. Latest is 15.4 in screen AMD 64 dual core 120 GB hard drive ,Web cam.DVD CD writer ,TV card ETC. for 900 EU.
Good Luck

wjrt 11:43 16 Jan 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…