I want to add an extra USB3 4 port Card, what type

  Migwell 28 Jan 12

I have a HP P6324uk computer and have run out of USB ports at the back by having two printers and a scanner plus other equipment. I need to add a further card to add some more USB sockets. The problem is I have lost touch with the latest thinking and I am now at a loss as to what type of connection card I should order. The socket on the mother board is about 1.25" long and is black, what should I buy and is it worth buying USB3. I run Win 7 with 4Gig of memory

  rdave13 28 Jan 12

Is this the one? link?

Your PSU is only 300W and you have 3 pci-express x 1 slots.

  rdave13 28 Jan 12

Some here.

  KRONOS the First 29 Jan 12

Or get yourself a powered USB hub. A few here but there are plenty of others out there. Powered hubs.

  Migwell 29 Jan 12

Hi, rdave13 yes that is the one, I had not seen sockets that small before and wondered what they were called. Now I know I will have a look around and see what I can come up with. I feel the card is the better option against a hub as my pc is on a sliding shelf under my desk and can very easly be pulled out for access to the rear and the sockets on the card.

Thanks again for that, I have not seen that page on my computer before and I have coppied and pasted into word to keep for future reference which will be of great help.



This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message