I want to add an extra USB3 4 port Card, what type

Migwell 20:50 28 Jan 12
Answered

I have a HP P6324uk computer and have run out of USB ports at the back by having two printers and a scanner plus other equipment. I need to add a further card to add some more USB sockets. The problem is I have lost touch with the latest thinking and I am now at a loss as to what type of connection card I should order. The socket on the mother board is about 1.25" long and is black, what should I buy and is it worth buying USB3. I run Win 7 with 4Gig of memory

rdave13 22:13 28 Jan 12

Is this the one? link?

Your PSU is only 300W and you have 3 pci-express x 1 slots.

rdave13 22:17 28 Jan 12

Some here.

KRONOS the First 05:57 29 Jan 12

Or get yourself a powered USB hub. A few here but there are plenty of others out there. Powered hubs.

Migwell 11:24 29 Jan 12
Answer

Hi, rdave13 yes that is the one, I had not seen sockets that small before and wondered what they were called. Now I know I will have a look around and see what I can come up with. I feel the card is the better option against a hub as my pc is on a sliding shelf under my desk and can very easly be pulled out for access to the rear and the sockets on the card.

Thanks again for that, I have not seen that page on my computer before and I have coppied and pasted into word to keep for future reference which will be of great help.

Migwell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch