i tunes won't play my tracks!

Rhuddlan 18:20 04 Oct 05

I have loads of music in my shared music folder, windows media player plays them fine, but i tunes doesn't, a ! mark appears by the side of the name of the song, i tunes is my deafult media player as I use my i pod ay lot with i tunes, any ideas?

Rhuddlan 21:42 04 Oct 05

bump

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 23:08 04 Oct 05

What I'd do, is (in iTunes) clear the entire list of tracks (Edit > Select All > then Edit > Clear).

Then go to File > Add Folder to Library.

Choose the folder that contains all your music. iTunes hsould then re-add the tracks and will remove the exclamation mark from besides each track, as through this process it will have re-established the file paths.

By doing this, you shouldn't loose ANY track data or album art whatsoever, as iTunes would have embedded it in the tracks previously.

Hope that helps.

Rhuddlan 21:04 05 Oct 05

This is what I did last time, but still to no avail.

Kate B 21:13 05 Oct 05

I'm not sure if iTunes plays WMA files, which those might be.

Rhuddlan 18:58 06 Oct 05

What I am finding now after clearing out the i Tunes library for a second time, whenever I add a folder from my music to the library it copies fine but then decided to create various new folders in my music folder, which contain tracks of the songs I am adding to the libary, and when I delete this added folders, the music won't play anymore. I have uninstalled and resinstalled i tunes to the newest version, this has never happened before, any ideas?

Rhuddlan 19:01 06 Oct 05

I haven't changed any setting and now the little music icon I had attached to the music folder has dissapeared and I can't seem to get it back on as the customzise tab has dissapeared, it only says genral and sharing, what's going on?

Rhuddlan 20:46 06 Oct 05

Since this has happened, on the start menu my music and pictures have changed to shared music and shared documents, I don't want these folders to be placed here, how do I put my music and my pictures back on the start menu?

Rhuddlan 22:32 06 Oct 05

Can anyone please help? Sorry to be so impatient.

Rhuddlan 13:31 07 Oct 05

Now whenever I close i tunes and open it again when I want to use it, the library has dissapeared, can anyone help me please?

Rhuddlan 09:53 08 Oct 05

What type of file is needed to play music on i tunes, as not all of my music can be added to the i tunes library, whilst all plays in windows media player. Any ideas? as well as my previous problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…