i tunes /windows 7 transfer

charles60 12:28 11 Nov 10

Once again not sure about if this the right forum. Sorry if it is here is my problem. I have just installed Windows 7 on my laptop I made a point of backing up my i tunes music on to a usb OK. Installed i tunes programme on the lap top then i installed my back up of i tunes but once i finished all my albums tracks where out of order a load did not have Art work music/tracks in the wrong place also it wont let me download "My purchased" on my laptop it then "says i have reached my limit with 5 accounts". What i did try to do is the "Home sharing" option in i tunes but that did not seem to help. What i want to is a exact copy of i tunes of the one which is on my desk top on to my lap top inc apps and Art work purchase in the order like it is on my desk top. Is this possible at all. I will hate to have re find artwork put tracks in right order etc because it took me weeks to do it in the first place (fingers crossed)

GaT7 13:36 11 Nov 10

See if these are any help:

iTunes - Transferring purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer: click here

iTunes - Understanding home sharing click here

How to transfer iTunes songs from one computer to another click here

How to transfer an entire iTunes library to another computer: click here

G

isca2 13:43 11 Nov 10

The following may be of some help as I asked ITUnes what to do when I had reached 5 authorised accounts.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello, my name is Glenn, and thank you for contacting iTunes Store Support. I understand that you would like to have your authorization count "adjusted" as one of the computers is no longer owned by you. I am unable to deauthorize one single computer on your account; I am only able to deauthorize all of the computers. If you would like for me to do this, I can, but bear in mind that you will need to reauthorize all of your computers for future use with the iTunes Store.

For specific instructions on how to authorize and deauthorize a computer to play your iTunes Store purchases, please read the following technical support article:

click here

If you repair or upgrade certain components on your computer, one computer may use up multiple authorizations. If possible be sure to deauthorize your computer before you repair or upgrade it to avoid this. To learn more, read this technical support article:

click here

In the future, if you find you have reached 5 authorizations due to system upgrades, you can reset your authorization count by clicking "Deauthorize All" on the Edit Account Information screen. Keep in mind that you can only use this feature once a year. The button will not appear if you have less than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reply. Take care, and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Glenn
iTunes Store Customer Support
click here

GaT7 13:44 11 Nov 10

As you're using Win7, the folder locations will be different when transferring - this guide click here will give you their locations in Win7. G

gengiscant 14:00 11 Nov 10

Copy the itunes folder from your desktop onto a flash drive and then copy it in to you itunes folder on your laptop.

You will need to de-authorise the five PC's click here sroll down a bit.

Once you have done that you will need to authorise your desktop and laptop again.

charles60 14:00 11 Nov 10

WOW Guys Thanks for the quick replays. will let you know later how i get on again a big thank you

charles60 17:27 11 Nov 10

how to get my purchases from desk top to lap top. i tell you what i mean i authorised both my lap top and desk top its transferd my music over ok including the music i brought it shows up in my users library but does not show in my i tunes list what am i doing wrong thanks again for the help

GaT7 17:36 11 Nov 10

You need to transfer the entire library too - see click here. For the correct paths in Win7 click here (& do the final path adjustment as well if applicable). G

charles60 18:04 11 Nov 10

Thanks for that crossbow got that sorted my silly fault . I have got to say this i am glad i found this site some of the other sites have not been all that helpful and also quite insulting. I know my spelling and grammar is not good and i am not sure where to put my dots, question marks and when to start a sentence and end one so when i ask a Q sometimes its very hard to understand what i am going on about and sometime make no seance at all. What i have noticed on this forum is one you don't nag & insult the way i write etc you come straight out and help me as much as you can and also go out of your way to help and finding sites for that can also be helpfully and even one guy called gengiscant even taking his spare time on the phone and taking over my computer to help me. Just want to say that this is the best forums that i have been on Thanks guys you have been great. I expect i will be on again here very soon as there is a few more Q i wish to ask ( I will Try and make my Grammer better so its easer to understand

charles60 18:25 11 Nov 10

Told you I would back quick I am just getting things transferd like geniscant told me to do. I have just been looking at my windows player Windows Media centre i ask about the windows player first some of my albums i have apper more than once what has Happened here. also have noticed on one of my albums "ALF" the amount of tracks goes on to about 100 keeps on repeating them for a while can someone tell me why please. Now on about my media player when i go to photos its great its got all my photos but because i have got my i phone wall paper and CD Art work in pictures they also are in my media player is there any way i can delete them from the media player please or have i got to put the cd artwork/i phone in a other place beside pictures Thanks

GaT7 14:09 12 Nov 10

Well, if things didn't get done as needed, you'll need to manually delete all the duplicates & add the missing bits if applicable.

What program do you use to manage your music collection? It appears that it's Windows Media Centre (WMC) & not iTunes as I originally thought. If this is true then there's a different, more complicated procedure to do the transfer - see click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now