i Tunes update 12.0.1 issues

john bunyan 16:00 18 Oct 14
Answered

I have just updated an iPad 4 to IOS 8; Just before that I Updated iTunes to version 21.0.1. However, I was annoyed by the loss of the sidebar, and when I Clicked on my iPad, no options came up to customise synching or to download items bought on the iPad . In the end , using a system restore, I went back to iTunes 11, and updated it from there. (It did install Ios8 ). I am loathe to reinstall iTunes 12 . Do others have these issues?

john bunyan 18:55 18 Oct 14

No I Tunes user's comments?

john bunyan 11:50 19 Oct 14
Answer

In the absence of replies I will close the thread. I have reverted to iTunes 11 as 12 seems a worse programme.

Woolwell 15:10 19 Oct 14

Have been away from PC for 24 hours or so and didn't see this thread. I have installed iTunes 12 and the interface is definitely different. I have the option to sync as before but the layout is different. Top left I have a bar which has a music, film and monitor icon and 3 dots and when the iPad is connected to the right of that is small device icon. Click on that icon and you get a list on the left including summary etc and through that you get back to the more familiar sync options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…