I-Tunes on external hard drive

fazsi 04 Sep 11

I recently managed to copy all of my i-tunes music onto an external hard drive as my desktop drive needed to be wiped. I have got I-tunes up & running again on desktop, and have the listings for all of my previous music back in the library. However, I cannot remember how I originally moved the music from desktop to external, and now, if external drive is not connected I cannot play music. Is there a way to reverse the process??

As you can prob guess I'm not particularly competent with pc's!!

Also, would it also be possible to copy some of the same music onto my laptop?

Cheers

gengiscant 04 Sep 11

How I do it is copy the whole of the itunes folder from the external HDD back to wherever you have just installed the fresh copy of itunes, say yes when it asks 'do you want to replace etc etc'.

As an after thought I do not have itunes installed on my main C drive but on my secondary D drive and then backed up to an external NAS drive.This makes things a lot easier if and when I reinstall Windows.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message