i Tunes

leedsafc 18:51 03 Sep 08

Can anyone advise me on how i can safely move i tunes onto another partition on my HD as i am losing space on the current partition where my i tunes library is. I seem to recall that i carried out a similar exercise some time ago on a different PC but i can't remember how i did it or if it was succesful but i seem to think i had to download and reinstall i tunes. I have around 10Gb of music and i don't want to risk losing it all.

AL47 19:17 03 Sep 08

you should probably get a back up source for that, i have alot too, on 2 drives and dvds
for safe keeping :) seen it all go bad too many times!!

bionicle 19:49 03 Sep 08

As I have posted here click here
it should just be a case of moving your i-tunes music library to where there is more space and then telling the programme where to find it as above. Best to back up first though just in case.

leedsafc 20:10 03 Sep 08

Thanks for the input. I now realised that thats how i did it last time. My concern was weather i would have to reinstall itunes in the same location as my libary. Apparently if itunes is not ticked as automaticlly managed it is more complicated. And yes it is a sound idea to back up all.

bionicle 21:15 03 Sep 08

I have my i-tunes programme installed under 'Program Files' on the C drive and have my i-tunes music folder on an external hard drive. You just need to make sure that the external hard drive is switched on when opening i-tunes. Have the same set up for photos with Picassa program on the C drive but the pictures on the external drive. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5