i thinkmy laptops graphics card is about to fail!

AL47 20:30 31 Dec 09

twice today ive had issues, first, the main boot/bios screen had small white dashes all over it

2nd, after booting up the screen looked like broken glass eminating from the centre,

3rd, on booting the screen looked almost black but was rippling

this is new to today and right now its working

so .. does this sound like a failure?

birdface 20:32 31 Dec 09

Try device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks beside the graphics or any other device.

AL47 20:40 31 Dec 09

all good there

Technotiger 21:32 31 Dec 09

Connect an external computer monitor to the laptop. If the external monitor display is fine, then you have a problem with the Laptop LCD screen or the LCD cable connection. If the external monitor image is the same as on the Laptop LCD, then it is likely to be a faulty integrated onboard video, this means replacing the motherboard of the Laptop.

AL47 22:16 31 Dec 09

i can replace the laptop graphics card separately in this particular model, but would like to ensure its JUST in the graphics card

Technotiger 22:19 31 Dec 09

If you can try your laptop with an external screen, that would give you a better indication of the possible source of the problem.

AL47 22:30 31 Dec 09

i can, when at home i have a second monitor running alot of the time so will try that when i get home

i thinkl id rather it be the card if its def one of those!

Technotiger 22:34 31 Dec 09

Let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year!

AL47 22:56 31 Dec 09

thanks.. it may be worth buying a new deskop tho as i ve been thinking about it

this may force it!

woodchip 23:10 31 Dec 09

As its in BIOS before Windows Loads it does look like its Graphics card problem

woodchip 23:13 31 Dec 09

If its replaceable, You could try removing it from the board then refit it as connection may be poor after it being used for a long time. Tarnish on contacts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…