i think sum1 bombed my pc

roydrip 00:41 23 Aug 04

my pc keeps crashin and doesnt start properly. a message comes up sayin that symnatec hashad problems sending a message to a persons email i dont even know this person i think he is hackin me wot can i do?

Dan the Confused 00:55 23 Aug 04

Try booting up in safe mode (press F8 before Windows loads and select from menu that appears) then run a full anti-virus scan.

hugh-265156 01:09 23 Aug 04

do you use xp?

error reporting will, if switched on, offer to send a report to microsoft if a program has a serious error.

can you give us the exact error displayed please?

in the meantime try click here

also click 'start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings' untick 'automatically restart' now when you get a critical error you will see an error screen displayed. note down this error and look it up on the knowledgebase or post it here.

also try 'start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer' click the 'system' and 'application' tabs and look for errors logged with a red x. click them for more info.

roydrip 02:57 25 Aug 04

Error: "Symantec Email Proxy unable to access the temporary file folder" (1003,6)

When you try to send or receive email, you see the error message "Symantec Email Proxy unable to access the temporary file folder." In the lower-left corner of the error message dialog box, you see the numbers: 1003,6.

The error can be caused if the Windows temporary folder is full or has been corrupted.

this is what it says now, but i dont think i should resolve it because i think my PCs sending the emails to someone who has been hacking into my files (eg. email accounts and other password related webpages) what should i do?

Dorsai 07:51 25 Aug 04

It sortof sounds like norton anti virus is trying to scan an e-mail for viruus's and can't for some reason. Have you tried emptying the windows temp folder as suggested?

Or have you recently moved the temp folder, and now norton can't find it?

Urotsukidoji 08:29 25 Aug 04

if you are really worried, backup all your data, and reload. you lose a morning/afternoon doing it but it kills the bugs!!

and get a firewall!

As a ITbod m8 of mine says you would not leave your house with the front door wide open, so why the hell would you do it with your pc?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:15 25 Aug 04

You are not being hacked as you have nothing of any interest on your computer...download Ccleaner from click here and use it (freebie).

Then go to start-control panel-folder options and select view and tick 'show hidden files'.

Then go to your C drive-documents and settings-your name or account-local settings and delete EVERYTHING in history, temp and temp internet files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…