I think I've messed up and now

pj123 13:02 21 Apr 05

I don't know how to rectify it.

I did a website for a friend some time ago using MS Publisher in the first instance. One of the pictures on it was awful (gif). He has now given me another much better picture (jpg) which I tried to upload. At first when logging on to the site there is only a placeholder with a red X in the top left. I then realised I hadn't linked the new picture to the right folder. I am now using Dreamweaver MX. When previewing the site in DW it shows all OK. But when logging on live now I get Directory Listing Denied. The site is/was click here

pj123 16:52 21 Apr 05

Thanks for your input fourm member. I always download a copy of the site before I make any changes. So if the worst comes to the worst I can always put the old one back up again.

pj123 17:20 21 Apr 05

Having said that all I get now using CuteFTP to upload is

transferring, error
transferring, error
on every file

the site comes up but with the wrong background and a placeholder for the main picture with a red X in the top left hand side.

I will contact my host tomorrow and see if he can sort it.

Forum Editor 18:28 21 Apr 05

in the properties for the image in question - is that what you intended? The image properties should contain the name of the directory it's in, and in this case it appears to think it's in a directory called 'publish'.The page itself should be called 'index.html' or 'index.htm' and in your case it has neither title.

pj123 10:14 22 Apr 05

Thanks FE. I will give it another go. I have placed the new picture in the same directory as all the other pictures and the "preview" seems to work OK in Dreamweaver itself.

I have one of the web monkeys from the host liaising with me on the phone as well.

pj123 13:29 22 Apr 05

Done it!

Thanks Guys.

Don't know how but just kept trying different things and now it seems to be OK.

Will leave it at that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…