I think I have a problem...

Josquius 10:47 30 Oct 03

My virus checker pccillin has detected
however it says it is unable to clean or quarantine it.
I have fully updated my windows and have just updated my virus checker today.
Any ideas what I should do?

Also while I'm here what programmes to do with windows should I let through my firewall?

MAJ 10:58 30 Oct 03

For the first problem, download and run Stinger click here it will remove the virus for you, Josquius. If you're using ME or XP, disable system restore before running Stinger.

Re: your second problem. State which programmes you mean and someone will advise whether to let them access the net or not.

rawprawn 11:03 30 Oct 03

click here Scroll down & see the removal instructions. I'm not sure about the programs to allow as I don't know what you have got, but as a general rule allow all MS Systems & any other programs that you need to access the net.

Confab 12:57 30 Oct 03

Trend have a great support site and they will tell you what to do is the virus can't be removed.

click here

Confab 12:58 30 Oct 03
  Confab 13:00 30 Oct 03

Sorry didn't read your thread

rawprawn 14:58 30 Oct 03

click here This is a Trojan remover & it is free for 30 days, it might do the job. Worth a try I would think.

Josquius 16:37 02 Nov 03

Forgot I'd asked here.
I managed to remove it myself. I checked microsoft support and trendmicro and downloaded half a dozen patches and one of them seemed to work.
For programmes to let through I wish to know which ones are to do with general internet usage (I use IE)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…