i think i got a virus or trojan or something

pinka 11:37 10 Sep 03

got to be quick because it shuts down explorer , downloaded something yesterday , wasnt what it was supposed to be so cancelled install but something got in , cant open task manager or msconfig to see whats running that isnt supposed to , any ideas ??

mammak 12:06 10 Sep 03

Are you getting a warning before shut down.

pinka 12:08 10 Sep 03

sorry didnt explain too well.
the computer doesnt shut down , task manager and msconfig close almost the instant i open them .

Jester2K II 12:13 10 Sep 03

Is your AV up to date?

if you have none then get AVG free click here

Scan with this..

Jester2K II 12:14 10 Sep 03

click here

click here Stinger cna also clear this...

pinka 12:20 10 Sep 03

thanks jester2k have downloaded stinger and trying now .

mammak 12:22 10 Sep 03

pinka, thats ok was just thinking i,t could be the blaster,but take Jester2K II advice, AVG & spybot should, trackdown anything that may be lurking, good luck Mammak.

pinka 12:29 10 Sep 03

nice one 2 both of you . been using pc cillin , but looks like ill go back to avg and zone alarm . for anyone one who is interested it was a nachi.worm and stinger cleaned it . thanks again

Jester2K II 12:35 10 Sep 03

Couple of patches you need to get...

click here

mammak 12:39 10 Sep 03

Glad it,s sorted pinka.

Mango Grummit 12:43 10 Sep 03

Now this is interesting -- I changed from AVG to PC-Cillin because PC-Cillin found an infection that AVG didn't. I transfered some data on a CD to a machine with PC-Cillin installed and discovered my AVG protected machine had been infected for some time, also several discs too of course.

PC-Cillin updates very regularly, often daily.
Just out of curiosity, was your's right up-to-date pinka?

But as I've said before, if you only run one AV, as you should and most of us do, then you cannot ever really be sure you're not infected.

People who say they run such and such and have never been infected actually don't really know that. Just like me, I was one of those people!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…