I simply can’t put VLC media player on my computer

Triprajul 18:34 07 Nov 10

Greetings:

I posted this problem before on this Forum and got some interesting responses. However, I have tried them all and none, unfortunately, work.

As I explained earlier, I had a functioning VLC media player on my computer. However, a few days ago, I was asked if I wanted to update it. I clicked yes. Unfortunately, the download failed and the program stopped functioning. I deleted the copy I had and downloaded another VLC setup file. Unfortunately, it will not open on my computer. This is very strange. I downloaded it earlier without incident but now I can’t do it again. Every time the setup file tries to download the .exe files to my computer, the download fails. Previously, I used Vipre ant-virus but now I use MS Security Essentials. I was wondering if this is the problem. If I turned this program off temporarily, could I then perhaps download VLC to my computer? BTW, my OS is Vista. Finally, does anyone know where I can download a complete copy of VLC media Player program? Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

tullie 18:46 07 Nov 10

You could try deleating it completely using Revo Uninstaller,then run CCleaner,including the registry cleaner then try again from the vlc site.

Triprajul 18:48 07 Nov 10

Greetings:

Thank you for your responses. However, I did uninstall the existing non-working version of VLC MP and I still couldn't download the setup file for a new copy. What should I do next?

Have someone either email you a copy (if it is small enough) or send you one via a filesharing site?

Have someone either email you a copy (if it is small enough) or send you one via a filesharing site?

Aargh!!!!

Aargh!!!!

rdave13 19:04 07 Nov 10

Until you can find how to remove all traces of VLC (OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO REINSTALL) try media player classic. click here
Once you can reinstall VLC you can simply remove MPC.

kjrider 19:41 07 Nov 10

I found the update was no good and went back to the old version that seems to work OK.

I did a system restore.

KJR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…