I really need to move my Broadband Cable Modem

krisstine 20:10 07 Mar 08

Hi all,
My virgin media cable modem is in my spare room at the moment, and its very inconvenient, and I want to move it into my Hall, which is a more central point (and not as cold) I have bought an extention lead for my ethernet connection, but stuck on extention lead for the modem itself, I have rang virgin and explained the situation, and they said it would cost me £75.00 for them to move the cable around, does anyone know if i can buy an extension lead for the modem,

Kind Regards,

Kriss.

Tech Guy 22:13 07 Mar 08

As the modem uses an ethernet cable, just move the computer where you want it. Go on ebay and find a long enough ethernet cable and leave the modem where it is. Cost you around a tenner.

krisstine 22:53 07 Mar 08

Tech Guy

Thanks so much, I never thought about leaving it where it is, I don't suppose it matters whether its a cable modem wire or ethernet wire, sometimes wonder if i have a brain !!

Best Regards,

Kriss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…