I really need help choosing a new graphics card!

kyle.hall.3572 11:01 24 Oct 13

Hi, so i recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to some of the best stuff i could find but I've been waiting on upgrading my GTX 570, my reasoning is i have no idea when any newer £300-ish card will be released soon and if i should wait or just buy one now, with it being close to new year i am scared incase i buy one and then a new range is released soon after.

I really only want to upgrade to prepare for the likes of BF4, the Witcher 3, Dragon age 3, and other "next gen" games but i dont really follow tech news allot and would like some expert advice. I have been thinking of switching to AMD and have been looking at the re branded 7970's so i was thinking of buying a R8 280X, but when i look at comparisons the GTX770* is said to be a bit better in a few tests and is around the same price.

What do you guys think i should do, wait for newer more powerful releases at the £300 mark, or just grab myself a new 280X or a GTX 770*? As i said im not really well read up on these things and would love some proper advice, thanks in advance.

My Specs are:

AMD FX 8350 X8 core 4.ghz CPU

Nvidia GTX 570 GPU

8Gb Of DDR3 vengeance 1600+ RAM

Coolermaster 650w Power Supply

Asrock 990FX Extreme3 Socket AM3+ ATX Motherboard

nickf 17:22 24 Oct 13

My personal choice would be the GTX770 . Probably the best value graphics card around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…