I put a larger hard drive in and removed the small

andy63walsh 16:07 03 Feb 06

I put a larger hard drive in my tower and removed the smaller ones, how do I put XP on it, all I have put on so far is ms-dos version 6.22.
What can I do next do you think ?

medicine hat 16:12 03 Feb 06

Do you have an XP installation disk? If so, which verson - full or upgrade?

andy63walsh 16:14 03 Feb 06

Hi, I have xp pro, full version. If I put it in the drives noting happens though ?

wobblymike 16:17 03 Feb 06

Hi
you need to set your CD drive to boot before your hard drive - you set this in BIOS - if you need chapter and verse post back.

Diodorus Siculus 16:19 03 Feb 06

Windows XP Professional Install, Reinstall, upgrade, parallel install, and compatibility
click here

medicine hat 16:19 03 Feb 06

You need to go into the bios, generally by pressing the delete key or F1 during the boot-up (take a look at the bottom of the screen), and set the pc to boot from the cd drive first

andy63walsh 16:22 03 Feb 06

I think I need full help, I can get into the bios by hitting delete and I guess change stuff there ?

andy63walsh 16:25 03 Feb 06

Its a phoenixBIOS setup utility bios, It says on the BOOT part that the first boot device is atapi cd-rom drive, third boot is hard drive

andy63walsh 16:29 03 Feb 06

I have a dvd rom and cd-rom in the pc also, the light come on but I'm not sure they are working ?

User-312386 16:32 03 Feb 06

ok

Now that the cd-rom is first boot,save the changes

Pop the XP disc in you will see on screen says "Hit any key to boot from cd", tap a key and then wait till the setup screen

By the way format in NTFS

andy63walsh 16:35 03 Feb 06

All I'm getting is the C:\> prompt when i reboot with disk in or out ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…