i player problems

KirstyK 17:15 13 Mar 11

Thank you for your help in using the right IE, ie 32 bit not 64 bit which has enabled me to watch channel 4od etc. Unfortunatey, I am still having problems watching programmes on iplayer, itv player, channel 5 catch up and channel 4od. It tries to load but then gets 'stuck' or plays but with constant pauses. Any ideas what the problem could be please?

northumbria61 21:15 13 Mar 11

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player installed - download from here click here

KirstyK 22:53 13 Mar 11

Thank you, I already have the latest version of Adobe flash player.

rdave13 23:22 13 Mar 11

It will 'pause' or buffer if your internet speed is lacking. Sometimes if you delete your temp. files this can help.

KirstyK 19:23 14 Mar 11

Thank you; I deleted my temporary files, still having problems. If it is to do with connection speed, I am not sure why I am having more problems with my new laptop when it is the same address. What software do I need to run i player etc? I have Adobe flash player and am using IE 32bit for windows 7. Do I need to download anything else, eg java/javascript? I have tried but can only find javascript for 64bit not 32 bit so it won't be compatible with rest of software! One error message said insufficient bandwidth. It also will not play videos on eg bbc news websites. It only plays Youtube videos without any problem.

ams4127 21:14 14 Mar 11

I think, as rdave says, that this problem is caused by a lack of download speed. What speed are you currently getting? Anything less than 1MB will cause problems.

KirstyK 21:22 14 Mar 11

Do I need to download anything before watching 4od etc? Any software to download? My speed is on slow side but I was able to watch it on my old laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017