I O S Error and more

Alan-277820 23:19 15 Feb 03

Here we go, Pc-chips 810 with xp1.7 amd chip, TA 256 m/ram 350 power supply maxtor 40gig hdd 20gig hdd 54x cd rom and a liteon 16x rewriter all cooled by Dragon orbe fan system with win98.
Last week I got a OE error problem in VXD Vcache 001 I did normal checks then I got more errors.
I have changed my hdd 40gig did fresh intall after being recomended.
Error came back this time it sayed .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt.
changed memory and did not cure it, Then changed Motherboard did not cure it, still get freezing and message error in vxd vcache.
so changed motherboard, memory, chip, power supply and all leads and HDD but if I remove one stick of memory leaving 256 its ok but if I go any higher it does not work tested memory in another system it works fine.
Any ideas anyone
Thanks in advance

howard60 09:05 16 Feb 03

no matter what they say do not like separate sticks of memory. My guess is that if you bought 1 stick from say Crucial to suit your mobo for the total amount you want all would be well.

Alan-277820 22:32 16 Feb 03

However it turned out to be replacement motherboard was not firing on all cylinders,
AS for ram I say its not wise to put all your eggs in one basket however it does make sence that two sticks are more likely to cause problems.
but I changed from pc-chips and upgraded the board to one that takes DDR and sdram and it works a treat.
thanks again anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…