I need urgent help with ALL 3 BROWSERS!!!!!!

julius44 20:11 09 Dec 09

Hello, and good evening, i'm using my cousins laptop to send this email, as I have a wireless router in my flat as well.

Okay here is the problem, and i'm at my last tether now as to WHAT could be causing this problem!!! I have a wired Windows XP desktop, and I have a ps3 connected wirelessly as well....there are no problems whatsoever with the wireless connection, but my wired desktop is the issue..I have a 10mb ISP with virgin. since the last 24-48 hours my wired internet is giving me HELL. The situation got so bad that ive removed FF completely from my desktop with revo uninstaller. When i manage to get the google seach engine to come up....then when it gives me a list of searches..i click on ANY link......and I get the message that internet explorer cannot display the webpage.....and when i try with google it says ooops..the link appears to be broken!!!! I know for a fact that the internet is working on the pc as i'm using skype to ring people and its fine!!!!

I have Kaspersky internet security 2009, cc cleaner, and malwarebytes......nothing unusual is being picked up!!!! When finally i get onto a page it then takes ages to get to the next one!!!! I really need to sort this out ASAP. I'm only using IE8 and google chrome for now.....i dont wannt re-install FF until i can be sure it'll be back to what it was before!!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated please!!!!

johnnyrocker 20:27 09 Dec 09

i dont know which part of the uk you are but the last 48 hrs in north east of england has had what you have described but is now cured, have you checked the status page on their website?

johnny

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 09 Dec 09

In Microsoft Windows, you can use the command ipconfig /flushdns to flush the DNS resolver cache:

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

You can also use the command ipconfig /displaydns to view the DNS resolver cache.

julius44 20:35 09 Dec 09

hello i'm a bit confused about the command u want me to use........i'm now getting dns service error!!!

julius44 20:46 09 Dec 09

hello fruitbat, i'm a bit confused, about the command that u want me to do. Please can u kindly talk me through it, step by step please. U mentioned about flushing out the dns please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:02 09 Dec 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac