I need to upgrade my BIOS

wobblymike 20:12 19 Sep 03

I have acquired a fairly old but well specc'd PC which at the moment does not have the ability to boot from CD although it has one fitted. I need to upgrade my BIOS (I think) the current BIOS is American Megatrends Version 1.12 - 51-3103-000901-00111111-101094-SIS550X-Z. Can anyone help me find the info I need to flash the BIOS.
Thanks
Rgds
Mike

Jomi 20:19 19 Sep 03

is here click here I think.

-pops- 20:23 19 Sep 03

Are you sure you can't alter the boot sequence?

Check in Advanced BIOS features There should be a list: First Boot Device, Second Boot Device and so on. Use the pointer arrows to move to First Boot Device and press enter. You should then be able to select whichever you want.

The detail of what I've said may be different but the idea will the same in yours.

Check in your motherboard manual.

-pops- 20:24 19 Sep 03

Be aware that BIOS upgrades are not to undertaken lightly. You can easily destroy your machine if it goes wrong.

wobblymike 20:25 19 Sep 03

Pops

Yes I'm sure there are only two options A or C

mark500 20:25 19 Sep 03

Not that easy click here

Click the link and follow the instructions.

holly polly 21:35 19 Sep 03

just a quick question wot make is the mobo ,its just that i recently flashed my bios ,my mobo is a gigabyte but the vendor is american megatrends ,i gleamed all the info from this excellent programme aida32 run the programme click on motherboard scroll down you will see bios download listed click on it ,and hopefully it should take you to the relavent site for the bios flash to your paticular mobo
click here
have fun -hol pol...

holly polly 21:37 19 Sep 03

ps if it is a gigabyte bios flash is a doddle -hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…