I need a static IP address

unitedman 11:41 30 Nov 10

I run Windows Vista and have an Epson PX710W wireless. Ths IP address keeps moving , Can anyone tell me how to put a fixed IP address on -
please.
Thanks

Woolwell 12:46 30 Nov 10

Do it through your router. Which router?

unitedman 12:58 30 Nov 10

BT Home hub 2.0

How do I do this
I know very little about this

letsgetrdy 13:17 30 Nov 10

in a browser type in the address bar "bthomehub.home" without quotes. This will take you to your routers web interface. Click settings and proceed to log in with the details.

When logged in, you will see more options.

Click advanced settings and then continue.

Click home network, then DHCP table (DHCP is the automated process of giving devices IPs). Click on your printers name from the list of devices on your network. Scroll down, check the box "always use this IP address". Apply. Take note of that address and your good to go.

letsgetrdy 13:22 30 Nov 10

Also, if it doesn't prompt you to enter a new password when you access it[(Its meant to the first time the router is accessed via web interface), and you don't know what the password is, then the default is the serial number (S/N) which is on a label on the actual HomeHub.

unitedman 18:56 30 Nov 10

I get as far as settings , then do not know my password, have tried the router name

letsgetrdy 19:22 30 Nov 10

Have you tried the serial labelled S/N that is labelled on the physical router

unitedman 19:32 30 Nov 10

Yes , did not work,
I have never set any password , would BT have set this up?>

letsgetrdy 19:40 30 Nov 10

Possibly, but i doubt it..

It should of been the serial number as default. If you reset the router by pushing a pin inside the little red hole on the side, it will put your password back to its default, and prompt you to change it when you first login to it. Don't worry, you wont lose any settings, and your internet and network will function as normal.

unitedman 20:53 30 Nov 10

will try this
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…