I need a small graphics card.

paradiddle1984 13:25 01 May 03

Hi again guys, I'm gonna pester you again. Yesterday, my graphics card came off ebuyer. I ordered an Inno3D Tornado GeForce3 Ti200 128Mb DDR with TV-Out.

Now, I have a desktop pc syustem rather than a tower, so i went to fit the card and its sitting just slightly too high for me too slide the cover back on.

Does anybody know of any 64mb or 128 mb cards that are quite small because i really need a casrd to play my games.

paradiddle1984 13:29 01 May 03

forgot to mention im using a compaq evo desktop system with winxp professional.

DieSse 15:27 01 May 03

I can't picture this at all - you mean the card is wider than the mounting bracket? - this would be unusual.

paradiddle1984 17:12 01 May 03

no no, it fits into the agp slot alright, but when its fitted in, it sits a centimetre or so too high, therefore i cant slide teh case back onto the computer because the card gets in the way, therefore i need a smaller card.

Mysticnas 17:53 01 May 03

is htat he's not using a the usual tower case.

instead he's opting for the type of case that you'd find on the older 486 line of machines. the flat desktop. they lay horizontal on the deks and you can normally put your monitor ontop of them.

wee eddie 20:30 01 May 03

I see the problem.

Not enough headroom

Have a look here
click here

DieSse 21:56 01 May 03

I understand what a desktop case is! - I've never seen one that didn't take standard boards.

Is the motherboard flat on the bottom of the case? - Do the boards plug in vertically downwards? - Is even the metal bracket too tall?

wee eddie 23:42 01 May 03

It's just that Dell and Compaq have brought out Small Form Desktops lately. Although I am somewhat mystified with the problem here as most cards are rarely more than 3 inches top to bottom

paradiddle1984 23:47 01 May 03

yes, its the metal bracket, thats all it is, the card mounts vertically
i mean i could wrench a bit of the metal bracket off and itd fit but i wanted to avoid that

cowangate 23:49 01 May 03

Try this one MSI G4MX440-T8X Half Height Videocard - it works in my evo d500 sff pc.Difficult to get though I got a friend to buy it on holiday for me.

Review here click here

DieSse 00:08 02 May 03

OK - I see now - as you've discovered this is not going to be a standard card, but fortunately cowangate seems to have found one.

I confess I didn't even know there was such a thing - never seen one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…