I need to replace the battery

ened 17:23 26 Apr 04

following advice on the forum. My clock is going haywire and I need to change the battery on the mobo (MSI K7N2 Delta).
If possible I don't want to have to lose the BIOS settings and have to go thru all that again(Some changes I can't even remember).
Is there a delay before the settings are lost or is it possible to back them up in some way?

Gongoozler 17:30 26 Apr 04

The only way of backing up the settings that I know of is with pen and paper. The delay is very short, probably not long enough to make the change. The only way not to lose the settings is not one that I would recommend, that is to change the battery without switching off. If the battery is failing, I would expect the settings to be unreliable anyway.

VoG II 17:32 26 Apr 04

Or take photos of each BIOS screen.

ened 17:42 26 Apr 04

I was sure I had read somewhere there is a way of backing them up.

Smiler 17:49 26 Apr 04

There was a thread rewcently on this theme but I can't find it at the moment. Trying all sorts of searches but because the original thread heading didn't cover the subject properly it is very difficult to find again.

woodchip 18:02 26 Apr 04

I have a program that I can send that will save CMOS settings so you can reinstall after you fit a new battery. Post by the envalope to the left

ianeon 18:02 26 Apr 04

click here - This might help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…