I need to reduce a file size for my skype ringtone

julius44 08:54 24 May 09

Hello there, I really hope that someone can help me urgently please. I have skype 4.0 on my desktop, and I have a lovely ringtone that i wish to use when someone rings me on skype, i have already converted the ringtone to a WAV file, as these are the only ones that skpe will allow, BUT it now says the ringtone it TOO LARGE for it to play....skype allows 1.5mb and the ringtone is 5.84mb....now i need to compress the ringtone.....OR just get some sort of software that will allow me to play just part of the ringtone..which i dont mind at all, but all i wanna do is get all or part of the ringtone to play in my skype, i'd appreciate any help pls, i realise that i may not be able to compress the 5.84mb file to 1.5mb but as long as i can get some of it to play i dont mind, thanks

UK Sub 12:26 24 May 09

You can crop and save wav files with Audacity
click here

Download Audacity 1.2.6 for Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista (assuming you are using Windows).

julius44 14:53 24 May 09

thanks Uk sub, ive downloaded the program but i have no idea how to now crop and save the WAV file pls. ive imported the song into audacity, but i have no idea what to do next, pls help

UK Sub 15:10 24 May 09

Just highlight the part you want deleted and press delete (on keyboard) leaving you with the part you want to keep.

To save it when you're finished

File> Export As Wav

give it a new name (so that the original file should stay intact).

julius44 15:44 24 May 09

Thanks Uk sub, u are a genius, its finally sorted, thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated. njoy the rest of your bank holiday!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…