I need a new power supply

mary13 12:15 20 Jun 05

Hello you guys, I need a new Power supply for my computer, Model on power supply reads MXM-145TF1.
I have serched to buy one on the net but cant find one except on usa site. Please help. Mary

BigMoFoT 12:27 20 Jun 05

I don't think you need to buy the same one unless you have some special requirements. As long as the wattage and the motherboard connection is the same any PSU will do..
How old is the PC? What make is it? It an odd size?

vaughan007 12:27 20 Jun 05

Try Ebay.

Am I right to assume that this power supply is not of the standard type? EG. ATX?

15cm(W) x 8.5cm(H) x 14cm(D)???

mary13 13:14 20 Jun 05

the computer is about 5 year old and the wattage showing on the power supply reads (well looks like 70watts. A guy from a computer company made this up and thanks for reply

Stuartli 13:53 20 Jun 05

An ATX case (and appropriate PSU) is an internationally recognised electrical standard and still being sold today.

Does it say if it's an AT or an ATX PSU on the case?

Most likely it will be ATX judging by its age. In that case you can buy any ATX power supply unit and fit it to your system, but do get at least a 300w supply. You will probably need to retain the bracket supporting the PSU to the case from your old one and reuse it with the new unit.

It's worth paying a bit more for a PSU as the quality can vary considerably with the cheaper ones, although I recently got a 500w model on e-Bay (on a Buy Now! basis) for £20.99 including delivery which has proved excellent to date (source is click here and delivery is usually next day).

It is also P4/AMD approved and has the additional motherboard power four-pin adapter for the latest models.

Stuartli 14:01 20 Jun 05

You'll have to forget my previous posting..:-(

Just found your PSU or similar at:

click here

and it's a mini-ATX type.

I would take it out of the case (if you need to take a note of the various connections to the motherboard etc) and ask a local computer system retailer or outlet to match it but, again, the larger the power output the better.

mary13 14:45 20 Jun 05

I think I may have got it resolved with your help.
Thank you and much appreciated.

Stuartli 19:50 20 Jun 05

Here's some info with regard to PSUs:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…