I need a new display driver and WHQL Logo'd driver

clairejane 20:29 17 Feb 05

I have tried to load Sims 2 on my TinyPC Windows 98 and have received two messages from DxDiag - Hardware-accelerated Direct 3D 9 is not available because the display driver does not support and I need a WHQL Logo'd driver. I have contacted Tiny Online but they have given me a £1 a minute helpline. Can anyone help?

Old Shep 20:34 17 Feb 05

i am running xp home and bought it for my daughter for xmas but it wont work on mine cos its an old system (4 years old) running amd 1.2ghz and 768mb of ram.I think you need a super fast computer to run it.

Technotiger 20:36 17 Feb 05

Hi, looks to me as if your graphics card is just not up to the job. You need a pretty powerful card, what card have you got in your pc?

JoeC 20:37 17 Feb 05
  Technotiger 12:26 23 Feb 05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have Intel(R) 82810 Video B10S Version 0103 which a friend told me to download! Since emailing pcadvisor I have discovered this message which I think means no hope as I have windows 98! Thank you for your help. DirectX Files Tab: No problems found. Display Tab 1: The file i81xdw9x.drv is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). Current
drivers tested for a WHQL logo are only available on Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. New Windows 98 drivers are no longer tested for WHQL logos. Sound Tab 1: The file smwdm.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 3: No problems found. Sound Tab 4: No problems found. Music Tab: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. Network Tab: No problems found."

Hi again, got your e-mail this morning, you have still not said which Graphics Card you have in your pc?

Please post any answer on here within your thread, you should not use Yellow Envelope without an invite - please don't be upset by this I am NOT telling you off, just pointing out the Forums' way of doing things. Plus of course, others who are trying to help you need to know all the facts, to help them help you. If you e-mail the FE and ask for a "Guide to Using the Forum" I know he will be happy to send you a personal copy. The same applies to anyone else reading this and not too sure of the procedures - FE has plenty of Guides and will be only too happy to assist.

Also clairejane, have a good look at JoeC's click-here, more helpful to you than my little comment -
but it would help if we all knew details of your Graphics Card.

Good luck .... :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…