I Need Messenger without all of the add-ons

birdface 14:22 28 Aug 09

Hi.Is there any way I can download MSN or Windows Messenger without all of the add-ons that come with it.
I just have a few Contacts on it but use it for e-mails when I do not want to part with my regular e-mail providers address.
Also have a few grand kids that also use it.

I did download the latest version of Windows messenger last week and was a bit annoyed with all of the programs that come with it.
Just reformated the computer so if anyone can recomend one it would be appreciated.

brundle 14:25 28 Aug 09

If you use the Live Essentials installer just untick everything except Messenger before you click Install.

birdface 14:31 28 Aug 09

Ok brundle thanks for your advice.Just looking at another thread and it says that you need the latest version by next month or it will not work.
So looks like the latest version again. I will do it the way that you mentioned .

birdface 14:59 28 Aug 09

Ok.it never took long downloaded and now working,
many thanks for the info.

brundle 15:03 28 Aug 09

Thanks for the feedback. It's one of those "everything and the kitchen sink unless you opt-out" installers.

birdface 15:21 28 Aug 09

Just downloaded Messenger and mail and left the rest.Whether I needed the mail or not I am not sure.But would have thought so.Thank you.

dogbreath1 16:01 28 Aug 09

...and if you want to delete almost any part of the GUI, such as ads and various buttons, the following patch works a treat.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…