I need to identify my sound card

Koochy 11:25 20 Feb 07

Hi all me again i have just bought and installed vista home premium onto my laptop but the problem i am having is the audio device is not working no music :-(( can anyone tell me how i can identify my device so i can download an updated driver (If there is one available) My laptop does have a sticker on it saying Designed for XP but underneath it does say Vista capable.

TIA

Koochy

vinnyT 11:30 20 Feb 07

Download and use this, click here, SIW will identify just about everything in your pc.

It states that it is vista compatable.

Hope this helps.

Koochy 20:45 20 Feb 07

Thanks for the link vinny i have downloaded siw and ran it and it did identify my sound card but i am unable to find any vista friendly drivers for it so it looks like no music till i find one.

Koochy

Koochy 23:28 20 Feb 07

Hi again all i have sorted the problem, it has only taken about 4 hours trawling around HP's site.

If anyone else has a compaq presario v5000 lappy and wants to ugrade to vista home premium you will need to download 2 drivers updates for your sound card to work.

Download and install click here first then do a reboot and

download and install click here

Koochy

vinnyT 12:18 21 Feb 07

Well done, but you would think that they would make it easier to find.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…