I need help! Windows Explorer 6

VoG™ 21:46 31 Jan 03

I use McAfee Virus Scan Online, When it updates it uses Internet Explorer, no matter what browsers are enabled.

My problem is that when I try to get an update, nothing happens (well I get a blank window with "Done" at the bottom).

Then, in IE6, if I try to go to click here I get a page cannot be displayed error. The same with click here and with click here

I have tried:

Repairing Internet Explorer

Deleting all cookies

Repairing Windows XP

All to no avail.

I was beginning to think that I was getting quite good at this 'puter malarky but I have to admit that I'm stumped and would welcome any suggestions. Please!

VoG™ 21:47 31 Jan 03

The title should read "Internet Explorer"

Having a bad day...........

Halmer 21:50 31 Jan 03

If you need help I might as well place my PC in the wheelie bin!

Djohn 21:59 31 Jan 03

VoG™If it's any guide to your problem, I'm on aol, and with your first link I get through OK, but link two gives (Not found) and link three gives (Page error).

Switcher 22:02 31 Jan 03

Check that your Firewall has not put that site on forbidden or blocked list

cream. 22:03 31 Jan 03

VoG

I get the same with the last 2 click here's and I ain't got McAfee Virus Scan.

Have you checked your settings in tools\ internet options\ security \ restricted sites \ custom level \ java. I did read somewhere that some sites, especially microshaft, require java for downloads. Some software set this to disable java.

Ain't got a clue what I'm talking about be might be in the right direction, I think?

powerless 22:05 31 Jan 03

The second link dosnt work becasue its missing the.com

and the third is because the site undergoing construction, thats what it tells me.

VoG™ 22:05 31 Jan 03

Thanks. My second "click here" should be click here

My main concern is with click here since I can't update my AV without it.

Switcher 22:08 31 Jan 03

If it is any help in a negative sort of way. I have just tried the site you are concerned about connected no problem.

cream. 22:08 31 Jan 03

VoG™

Both those links are working for me, now.

TOPCAT® 22:09 31 Jan 03

Macafee is working okay now - the second link has incomplete URL - click here - displayed, and the third has - 'The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.'

'Open the click here home page, and then look for links to the information you want.'

TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…