I need help urgently! I need help with installing windows 7.

looby122 14:43 21 Mar 15

Hey, so basically I started up my pc one day and I came to a windows log in screen which I thought was strange as I have never had to do that before as i never set a password up. So i couldn't get to my desktop so I called the company who made my pc and we tried a few things to get past the log in screen but none of them worked so after that he told me to re install windows over my currant windows so he talked me through it and then told me to call him back when it was done but i couldn't get through to him again and now im stuck with a basic pc without any drivers or anything and i have now idea what to do. Please help! p.s. sorry about the grammar.

Ian in Northampton 14:58 21 Mar 15

Well, the first thing is to identify what drivers you need. W7 has a pretty full set, but there will still be some you'll likely need.

First thing: you need to find out the manufacturer/model number of your motherboard. I use Belarc Advisor, but there are other tools.

Once you know that, you need to find the motherboard manufacturer's web site and look for drivers for your board. You may well find them under 'support'.

A good way of finding out which drivers your PC is missing is Device Manager (start, Control Panel, Device Manager). Anything that's listed there with ayellow exclamation mark needs a driver. Ihose may include chipset, Network adapters/LAN and audio.

If you have e.g. an external graphics card, you'll need to locate the drivers for that too.

Download the drivers you need - ensure they're W7 drivers - and put them on a USB key. Then transfer that to your PC. You can execute the drivers - most come with a 'setup.exe' file - from the key by double clicking on them.

Do the above, and let us know how you get on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:11 21 Mar 15

Make and model of machine / desktop or laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…