I need help to remove file or folder!

Terry-211923 21:58 11 Mar 04

Some friends of mine thought it would be funny if they went on a UK based website of an adult nature during the Arsenals win over Celta Vigo. UKdogging to be exact.
Curiosity satisfied They then switched the computer off. When I switched on this evening a new link has appeared on my desktop. I have tried to remove on the Add/Remove program file and the message ERROR DELETING FILE OR FOLDER.
Cannot delete UKdogging;Access is denied.
Make sure disk is not full or write
protected and that the file is not
currently in use.
This is the message I receive.
Can anyone please tell me how I can remove this and get rid of this link.

smudge101 22:09 11 Mar 04

Right click on the folder and explore
Go into task manager and see if you can see any of the files named in the folder and either end process or end task. Then try to delete the folder. These things can be very annoying and tricky to get rid of. post again if it is still there.
Smudge

Go into task manager and see if you can see any of the files named in the folder and either end process or end task. Then try to delete the folder. These things can be very annoying and tricky to get rid of. post again if it is still there.
Smudge

Smudge

soy 22:17 11 Mar 04

Open notepad and create a file exactly the same as the filename of the file you want to delete. Save the file to a different location and then manually move the file to where the suspect file is. When windows asks you if you ant to overwrite the file, click yes. Now you can delete it if you want.

Hope this helps.

cycoze 22:17 11 Mar 04

Dont know what went wrong there i posted and got an error , oh well ho hum.

Check msconfig/startup and see if anything is lurking there , do ctrl`alt`del to see if its running , if so turn it off and try add/remove again.

Dr Delete click here will kill just about anything , but i urge caution as some foisted files can attach to system files whichif deleted could cause major problems.

You dont say what OS you are using , if you have restore facility , try going back prior to this.

Terry-211923 22:41 11 Mar 04

Thank you all for your help.
In response to cycoze, a Compaq Presario
I am operating on AMD Athlon Windows XP-3000+(2.17GHZ).
I shall try out tomorrow and keep you all updated.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…