i need help with media centre pleese

simonsup 20:42 02 Jan 10

Hi, heres the problem, when i record tv in media centre for example the 10 o clock news, everything is fine
until i try and burn it to a dvd to watch in a normal dvd player,
i click record option and the next screen
says data dvd or video dvd, if i select data all
is ok but i want video dvd and media centre hangs
when i click dvd video, have to use taskmanager to close media centre,
Im running win 7 home prem.

thanks

Technotiger 20:54 02 Jan 10

All computer files are Data anyway, so try selecting Data.

john bunyan 21:09 02 Jan 10

Not yet tried it in W7 but in XP, the files are in dvr-ms format which can be watched on the PC but if you want to view them on a DVD player they have to be transcoded into video format by a programme such as VideoRedo or Roxio creator 2010

simonsup 21:47 02 Jan 10

hi, i thought media centre encoded it as part of the burning process, does this mean i cant burn tv progs thta i record in media centre on 7 onto a
dvd for normal dvd players?

simonsup 09:21 03 Jan 10

hi again after alot of tinkering i have found the problem i think, if i uninstall roxio creator 2010 pro then media centre will record tv and burn a dvd disk in video mode,
so is there a problem with roxio and media centre?

Technotiger 11:19 03 Jan 10

Probably a conflict with Roxio - similar problems with Nero and Roxio, is a long-term well known factor.

simonsup 12:05 03 Jan 10

Hi tek, yeah i know what u mean, guess what i
reinstalled the older roxio creator 2009 and media centre is fine, stuff 2010 stick with 2009.
Thanks 4 all the replys :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…