I need help making a forum from scratch

CrossRoadLife184 03:38 18 May 07

Hey,

I know there's dozens of "pre-made" forums out there but I want to open one on my own server and I want to make one from scratch with adding emotions, Private messages, emails and so forth. A "fancy" forum that allows pictures, banners and can have emotion icons, and all that. I want to make it from scratch though and host it on my domain. I pick things up extremely fast when it comes to html and so forth, and anyone with enough patience wouldn't mind helping me out?

benjiboots 23:14 18 May 07

"And, presumably, when you want to have a new car you start with a big block of steel and go from there?" plus all the wires, plastic and everything else that makes up a car!! Or from a sculpture point of view, how do you make a lump of steel, wires and plastic into a car? You chisel away everything that isn't a car. Not that a car is a sculpture and in actual fact we're not talking about cars or sculptures.

To CrossRoadLife184 I say download one of the many freely available forum packages and look at the amount of scripts needed to make it work and then maybe go get yourself a big lump of steel, some wires and some plastic and spend some time trying to craft yourself a car - it will probably be easier !!

Just google PHP forum scripts or something similar, there's loads out there and they're relatively easy to setup and customise, then crack on with that car sculpture and let me know how it goes!!!

CrossRoadLife184 03:42 19 May 07

Thanks guys I'll read up on the php scripts then, and I'll definatly update. I'm into a certain band and this certain band of musicians has a problem with their music being shared, even though it's not officially released music or videos and I'm always getting shut down even though music is not visibly being shared on the forums, just talking about it. So admittingly that's why I want to have it on my own server. Thanks though, I'll look into the scripts!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…