I need help with a 'KORG Nano Pad'

Graphicool1 11:55 03 Nov 10

I need to be able to speak to someone who has or has had a 'Korg nano Pad'. I have recently bought one, after having seen one in action on Youtube.

The instructions that come with it are basic to say the least. I've downloaded and installed the USB driver and the Korg Control editor. Also the 'EZ Drummer' drum kit. But I still don't know how to link it to the Nano Pad?

Can anyone help me please.

gengiscant 12:38 03 Nov 10

Nothing here?click here

Esc4p3 12:49 03 Nov 10

I have never used EZ Drummer, but I assume you are using some kind of sequencing package with EZ Drummer, or is it standalone? In my case when I use my sequencer of choice (Reaper) I needed to set my midi controller (M-Audio Keystation) in the 'midi input' menu to tell the software where the input is coming from. Does that help?

for support also try the makers of EZ drummer click here

Graphicool1 13:38 03 Nov 10

Thanks for the link, for reasons unknown I just didn't think about a 'Korg Forum' Doh!

Esc4p3
EZ Drummer is just software that came bundled with the Nano Pad. The pad is a sort of synthasizer. It allows the operator to bend and change sounds. It is on the face of it, just a glorified drum machine. But in reality it's so much more than that. Or hopefully will be, if I can just find out how to make it work!

Graphicool1 11:18 04 Nov 10

I registered with the Korg Forum, so that I could ask my question. however, before I did, I decided to just check and see if anyone else had asked my question. Someone had, on 18 October, it is now 4 November, he hasn't had any replies!

No luck there then!

Esc4p3
It says you can use sounds already stored on your PC, but you have to link the folder path via midi in.

Problem (1) being as it's called 'midi in' implies to me that the samples/sounds have to be in midi format. Is this the case? As all my sample/sounds are in wav?!

gengiscant 12:21 04 Nov 10

Why not just ask here? click here

Graphicool1 12:59 04 Nov 10

I'll give it a look. Although at first glance it's not looking too promising, as they don't mention the Nano Pad at all?!

Esc4p3 09:01 05 Nov 10

I assume that EZdrummer 'Lite' is what you have got? (as it was bundled with the Korg) In which case the product information at click here suggests you need a "Plug In Host" for operation. So are you using Garage Band or Cakewalk or something like that and loading EZdrummer as a VSTi?

Also found a tutorial at click here follow the link and click on the media tab and select ezdrummer tutorial - bear in mind this is for the full verson of EZDrummer not the lite version but it may help...If you are still stuck come back and I can do some more digging. Good luck!

Graphicool1 09:50 05 Nov 10

Thanx for that, I'll have a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009