I need help getting my IncrediMail to open up!

Matts_Girl 05:37 01 Dec 07

I keep getting error messages stating: Keylib error: #15 -> FILE MISSING

I've been using this program for many years without any problems, and now this. I have EXTREEMLY important emails and contacts from clients in there and I can't seem to get them off of my hard drive. I've already done every suggestion recommended. Re-downloaded, restored to previous date, repaired, re-started--you name it. Nothing worked!! I've emailed tech support, but of course no responce as of yet. I noticed some people had the same problem, but what the did did not work for me. Please help. Thank you in advance, Lisa

birdface 08:19 01 Dec 07

What Firewall are you using.

Technotiger 08:24 01 Dec 07

Hi, try re-installing the latest version *over the top of* your current version, from click here

birdface 08:30 01 Dec 07

Hi,G/Morning.There is a way of saving the e-mail and contacts folders in case they are deleted.I am not on my own computer so do not have the details. can you remember how they do it.My bet is they are using either Norton or Zone Alarm.

Technotiger 09:12 01 Dec 07

Good morning - yes, there is a way, but one must have Incredimail open in order to do the save routine.

Lots of people are having the same problem as Matts_Girl, the only known 'cure' so far as I can tell, is to do as I suggested above.

Myself and all my relatives and friends use Incredimail without problems - that may be because
we are using the Premium/Gold versions, but that is only a guess.

Matts_Girl 17:18 01 Dec 07

I'm not using either of those firewalls, just the one that comes with Windows XP. I use Avast Anti-Virus, and have been for many years. I have not changed any settings recently either. I ran SpyBot to see if I had a Spyware, etc. And I already tried to re-download a new version, three times. Still nothing!! Either I get a message that I need to restart my computer, or I just get a request to send IncrediMail an error report. And that keeps popping up over and over and over. It sits on top of everything and I can't get rid of it unless I click "Don't Send" at least 18-20 times. I know how to save my info once I'm in IncrediMail, but I CAN'T OPEN IT!!

Matts_Girl 17:20 01 Dec 07

Why does the date say January 12, 2007? Today is December 1, 2007.

Technotiger 17:22 01 Dec 07

Strange date - either Malware or perhaps Motherboard battery?

birdface 20:39 01 Dec 07

Googled.click here= If there is a way to save your e-mails and contacts,You could delete Incredimail.click here then run C Cleaner then reinstall Incredimail.I would only use that way if you can save emails and contacts.Or you will loose them.Or maybe download Thunderbird and import your e-mails and contacts to that.That way they will be saved ,I have never used Thunderbird but I hear it is very good.Then I suppose if you get Incredimail fixed you can always export them back.

birdface 08:39 04 Dec 07

Hi.Have you tried changing the date back to normal as that may be your problem.Like Technotiger says if your date and time keeps changing you will have to change the battery on your Motherboard.Have you had any luck sorting it yet.

Matts_Girl 15:25 04 Dec 07

Today is Dec. 4th. When I look at the date that on your responce, it says 04/12/2007. It's not April anymore. I'm in Minnesota--believe me, I wish it were!! It'd be Spring not Winter!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…