i need help fast

pratty1974 20:57 08 Jul 07

Help!
For no apparent rson I keep getting a pop balloon which says" SYSTEM ALERT Systemhas detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer. Click the icon(shield with cross in it)to get rid of unwanted spyware by downloading an up to date anti spyware solution."

So i downloaded super antispyware and ran it it found 16 infected files so i quaritined them removed them but the problems still there what do i do now?

recap 21:00 08 Jul 07

It sounds like the pop-up could have been the spyware.

Download and run Spyware S&D click here for the Free download.

Technotiger 21:14 08 Jul 07

Yes, that pop-up IS spyware.

skidzy 21:14 08 Jul 07

Recap and Raven have given sound advice and removal instructions.
However can you tell us of anything you may have downloaded recently such as antispyware programs.

Unless Raven has it the nail on the head or Spybot SD removes this,we will need the programs name or at least more info.

Have you downloaded anything like:

Smiley Central/Messenger Plus to mention just two.

Check in add and remove programs,this will not remove everything and chances are its going to need manual removal and a clean up.

Strawballs 21:20 08 Jul 07

Messenger plus is fine as long as you say no to it's sponsor program, it still works ok

p;3 21:29 08 Jul 07

also try

click here

did you run THIS program
click here

as opposed to a rogue one with a similar name??

skidzy 21:30 08 Jul 07

Strawballs,you are quite correct hence why i asked if this has been downloaded.I should have mentioned about the sponsor...normally has the ever fateful Lop within.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…