I need help in choosing a photo editing programme

GrannyA 20:10 22 Feb 15

I had a Micrisoft Digital Imagag programme for years which I really loved, but lost it when my PC went down losing all programmes. Is there one similar either on the market or for free? I can't get my head around Photoshop which a friend uses. It's too complicated. I want to easily download from my camera ,edit in a few ways and easily copy to desktop. Any advise woukd be most welcome. Thank you. Granny A

The Kestrel 20:16 22 Feb 15

Picasa is a popular freeware photo editing program. You can download it from click here which is a safe site. Give it a try and if it doesn't work for you delete it from your PC.

AroundAgain 21:19 22 Feb 15

Windows Live Photo Gallery is MS free photo editing program that has superceded Digital Imaging. This is available in Windows Essentials for Win 7 and 8/8.1

If you have Vista, it seems Windows Photo Gallery is part of Vista.

I've not used either but have gleaned this from Wikipedia

Hope this is helpful

hzhzhzhz 01:39 23 Feb 15

Try Photofiltre. I've used it for many years now for jpegs.

Ian in Northampton 07:37 23 Feb 15

I'm a big fan of IrfanView.

Daisy_Michael 08:14 23 Feb 15

When it comes to free option, Picasa is the best one and if you are looking to buy one, there's nothing better than ACDSee!

GrannyA 18:00 25 Feb 15

Thank you all for your help. Now that I know names of programmes I can research a bit more and decide. Many thanks GrannyA

john bunyan 19:01 25 Feb 15

I would try Paint.net (free and good)

Paint - Filehippo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…