I need a firewall that works on my wireless net

iamfisheye 14:33 12 Jan 06

I've been having trouble getting my Belkin F5D7050_v2 wireless adapter to talk to my BT Voyager 2091 wireless router. I keep getting the message 'Low or No Connectivity'. The only way I can connect to the router is by switching the firewalls (MacAfee and Windows) I have off. This is not ideal.

I understand from what I've read on various forums that a security patch in XP SP2 is the cause of this problem.

So I'm now looking for a firewall that will allow my wireless devices to still communicate.

Any suggestions.

De Marcus™ 16:02 12 Jan 06

Sygate is pretty network frendly click here

De Marcus™ 16:07 12 Jan 06

as is zonealarm click here both free

ade.h 17:54 12 Jan 06

Kerio or Outpost both work very well with all kinds of networks, because they run in Advanced mode, whereby nothing is automatically configured for you without your knowledge or say-so. Every event will trigger a one-off prompt for the creation of a permission protocol. They are highly tunable; perhaps more so than even Sygate.

Both have free and full versions and are the most potent software firewalls available.

Both are used on my PCs and I wouldn't change them for anything.

iamfisheye 10:35 13 Jan 06

I installed a 30 day trial version of Trend Micro's PC-cillin Internet Security.

My PC still would not connect to the router.
Then I found out how to get the Belkin to talk to the router by using XP's WZC (Windows Zero Configuration) instead of the Belkin drivers. That seems to do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…