I Need 20% New Drivers After Driver Agent Scan....

DavidM4 20:35 20 Sep 07

should I be bothered?

Just reinstalled XP Home and did a driver agent scan which told me 20% of my drivers need updating, should I be concerned or let sleeping dogs lay?

My scanner and printer I'm not to bothered about but, the other drivers concerned are:

VIA BUS MASTER IDE CONTROLLER
VIA RHINE II FAST ETHERNET ADAPTER
USB COMPOSITE DEVICE

What do you think and where would I get the drivers from?

Thank you in advance DM4

ton 21:12 20 Sep 07

"If it aint broke, don't try to fix it".

birdface 21:16 20 Sep 07

Have you tried Microsoft up-dates.That should up-date the Ethernet adapter.I don't know about the other two.

snoopygirl 21:19 20 Sep 07

leave as it is if you dont have any problems do your normal updates with microsoft thats it i done scan before it told mr my drivers was out off date but when idid what i did it messed my computer up i at to reinstall every think again good luck

DavidM4 21:41 20 Sep 07

Yeah every things running fine, think I'll take y'alls advice and leave well alone, cheers peeps yer the best! DM4

SB23 21:55 20 Sep 07

I had one of those scans, and to be honest, it concerned me to be told that a good proportion of my drivers were out of date.
If I remember I posted here about it, and the general concensus was to leave them alone.
I was also told to update the bios, but I left that alone too!

Boghound 07:27 21 Sep 07

I did the same thing with "Driver Magic", which by the way was recommended by PCA. It to said I needed loads, and I mean loads, of driver updates. Download and installed a few which messed the machine up, then spent hours reverting it back to normal.....The kicker is, I paid for the program and tried to get my money back on their "refunds guaranteed" scheme...No success...LEAVE WELL ALONE!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…