i MOVIE animations: how to show them on PC

padpc 21:44 25 Jun 08

Hi.
Primary school teacher here - not good with computers...

Children have done a simple claymation sequence using 'I Can Animate' on Apple Mac. Added features in iMovie.

How can I save this on disc in a form that will enable it to be played on a PC? Tried saving it as a Quicktime file, doesn't work.

Any ideas? Many thanks for any useful advice :)

MAT ALAN 22:00 25 Jun 08

Will much depend on the file format, .MOV and Mpeg4 will play in quicktime, if your files are neither of these you will need to convert them...

brundle 22:01 25 Jun 08

click here

Do you have the latest version of QT for Windows? Was there an error message when you tried it on Windows? Does it play OK on the Apple?

padpc 22:17 25 Jun 08

Don't have the latest version of QT for windows...

padpc 22:19 25 Jun 08

Plays fine on the Apple.

When I try to play Quicktime file on PC, it says that files from the opening credits of the animation are missing ('centre title' / 'fade in')

Will have another go in school tomorrow & ask for more advice then.

padpc 20:36 26 Jun 08

It's a .mov file, but still refuses to play from a CD Rom (using Quicktime player)

Would be grateful for other useful suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…