I lost Win XP CD Key Number, how to find it?

Me&U22 20:06 31 May 07

Hi all,

I'm currently using Win 98 and i wants to upgrate it, i've got Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP professional. i was trying to install it but i lost the certificate which is the key to install the cd.

is there anyway to find those 25 keys number please?

thank in advance.

VoG II 20:12 31 May 07
  VoG II 20:12 31 May 07

Sorry, forget that - I didn't read the question properly.

Eric10 20:18 31 May 07

If the XP OS isn't installed then there is no way to get the product key other than finding the certificate.

Diversion 20:43 31 May 07

You can get it by contacting Microsoft Product Support Services click here
Microsoft Contact Centre (UK): 0870 60 10 100 They will ask you for certain details from the disk, and tell you the product key.

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:03 31 May 07

click here

look under licences - it lists your cd key for the os

I'm sure VOG posted this a few days ago?

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:04 31 May 07

me too

Diversion 21:26 31 May 07

Hi
The information that Microsoft require from the disk is around the centre hole on the silver part, you can only read it from the side that the data is on. Its a set of numbers around the centre hole, but their lines close at 6pm so be sure to phone them before 6 o'clock. Or send them an email or fax with the relevent details.

I hope this helps

Me&U22 21:44 31 May 07

Hi again

One more question if i find the certificate key, do i have to boot the cd striaghtaway or shell i remove windows 98 and then istall windows xp profissional?

Thanks for you assistance.

Strawballs 22:15 31 May 07

If you boot straight from the cd it will give you the option to format the drive during the installation process, and if it is an upgrade cd then it will ask you to put your 98 disk in to verify that you qualify for upgrade.

If not I think if you boot into 98 then put the cd in the drive and when it autoruns the top option on the menu is install win XP and will scan for previous versions and that will serfice.

woodchip 22:34 31 May 07

He as no 98se disc only Cab files on the drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced